I believe in the synchronicity of balance and optimal performance. That is, nutrition that helps you meet your goals without sacrificing a healthy, full life. I believe in nutrition as part of a lifestyle you love living – not the end all, be all or a quick fix for short-term satisfaction. We’ll take a customized approach to achieving your goals with the aim of arming you with skills and knowledge so that you are in control. I’ll keep you educated, accountable and focused.
- 4 years of undergraduate coursework in Dietetics (future Registered Dietitian!) at James Madison University
- Currently completing my National Academy of Sports Medicine Fitness Nutrition Specialist certification
- Wellness Instructor and Nutrition Analyst at James Madison University’s University Recreation Center
Offering: Online and local in-person nutrition coaching, programs and support
- Consultation and personalized macro template ($75)
You’ll receive a questionnaire that will help me understand your lifestyle, where you are and where you want to be. We will meet or set up a way to have a conversation about your answers and any other information that can help me make a plan best fit for you. This will allow me to calculate a calorie range and specific macronutrient breakdown of carbohydrates, proteins and fats. I can calculate separate sets of calories for rest days and training days (days on which you are working out). In the template, I will also provide:
- Suggestions on nutrient timing, supplements and making adjustments
- Initial guidance on using the template
- Tips and tricks for getting started
These are included to help you find the most success using the templates. This is personalized to you but does not include ongoing nutrition coaching from me.
- Personalized Nutrition Coaching
How It Works:
- Fill out the survey at the bottom of the page so I can get started getting to know you!
- You’ll get an e-mail back from me with a food diary to keep for 4-7 days that also asks you to track sleep, hunger levels and mood. Nutrition is not just food!
- We’ll meet or set up a way to meet (Skype, etc.) to discuss your goals, lifestyle and all the information you’ve given me thus far to calculate your calorie and macronutrient prescription (if macros are your preferred tool) or to devise a holistic plan that works for you that will help you be your healthiest self!
- I’ll be sending you a link to a Google spreadsheet so you can log your daily calories, macros, sleep, hunger, energy, weight and more depending on the plan we’ve made for you.
- We’ll have a weekly check-in and discuss your progress, address any questions or concerns, make any necessary modifications and discuss how to keep improving every week!
- Recommended for:
- Nutrition for those regularly working out, be it competitively or not, requires more in-depth planning and analysis and I can help you figure out how to fuel your performance so you can train at your best every day.
- Tackling your nutrition for the first time can be tough and overwhelming but I believe it can be made simple and enjoyable with proper guidance, education and an open mind!
- There is always more to know and more to learn about nutrition and having a coach makes the process that much easier. Together we can figure out what makes your body run best so you can look, feel and perform at your best, whatever that may mean to you.
- Mindset coaching (add-on)
- Mindset plays a huge role in not only our nutrition but in our relationships, career, and personal fulfillment. Once we discover the thinking patterns holding us back, we can begin to break them down and build new ones that are more conducive to fulfillment and long-term success.
- This is a monthly add-on that will include:
- A monthly theme (i.e., emotions, problem-solving, resilience, mindfulness, discipline, etc.)
- Weekly stories, quotes, journal prompts and practical applications
- Book suggestions and reviews based on the month’s topic
- Access to a discussion board where you can bounce your ideas and thoughts of other members
What you’ll get from working with me:
Nutrition can be very complicated or it can be very simple. I choose to keep it simple and customized to you and your unique needs! I want to help you learn:
- ALL the basics! Serving sizes, nutrient dense foods, macronutrients
- Why quality and quantity both matter when it comes to food
- How food affects the body in different situations: training, recovery, disease prevention
- How to develop a positive relationship with food instead of being overwhelmed and intimidated by it
- How your body, and food decisions, can be affected by sleep, stress and your environment
- Habits that will help you keep a balanced diet for life
- That nutrition should not make you feel restricted but empowered!
I’ve been involved in sports all my life from wrestling to ballet to lacrosse to competitive jump-rope. After dabbling in bodybuilding for a few years, I found CrossFit in 2014 and have never looked back. Today, I live, eat and breathe it. I love the idea of a holistic approach to a healthy life: community, nutrition and exercise. I am currently studying at James Madison University to get my undergraduate degree in Dietetics and will go on to become a Registered Dietitian with aspirations in concentrating in sports nutrition or functional medicine (currently trying to figure out a way to do both because #indecisive). Helping people is what fuels me, it’s my passion, and to do that through food (everyone’s second language) makes it all the better. Let’s work together!